Every once in a while, comes an individual with a startling idea and the adrenaline to change the world. And, one thing they have in common is that they were all tested. Tested, but not beaten. When their mere existence questioned them, these remarkable individuals, whom we today call, entrepreneurs, did not give up or throw the proverbial white towel. They brought more game into the field which before seemed impossible.
Here we have penned down some of the quotes from Indian startup founders that reflect great struggles and trials they faced on the road to glory.
- The challenge we face is in talent – it takes bandwidth and time to get talent and build a team. – Bhavish Aggarwal, Ola
- Economic incentives are not enough to retain the best employees – it’s about culture and team spirit. – Kunal Bahl, Snapdeal
- The biggest myth is that Indians want old ways of doing things. We have been shocked by how fast digital payment took off. – Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Paytm
- The appetite of a horse is different from that of an elephant. – Radhika Agarwal, Shop Clues
- Many countries recover from crises. If India faces a bubble, it will be good and build resilience. – Ritesh Agarwal, Oyo Rooms
- If you are an entrepreneur, your communication skills matter more than your technical knowledge. – Aishwarya Goel, Swarn Amrit
- We have learnt that for a great user experience, visual experiences and critical mass of data matter. – Sangharakshak Neel, FoodMood
- The marketing approach you follow during the early stages of your startup might decide its success or failure. – Subrat Kar, Vidooly
- Don’t be a jerk, even if you are brilliant,don’t be a brilliant jerk – Girish Mathrubhootam, Freshdesk
- Never hire someone to do initial sales. In fact, you must acquire your first 100 customers yourself – Shashank ND, Practo
- Everybody has to contribute towards building and sustaining a strong culture. – Deepinder Goyal, Zomato
- If you are working for a good cause, there is a divine force backing you. – Madhurita Gupta, MyVets Charitable Trust
- Women need to learn to take credit and recognition where it is due. Women also need to learn to promote themselves. – Sonali Sinha, Soaring Eagles Learning
- As a startup, you must go after money which understands the business. – Sachin Bansal, Flipkart
- I want to be recognized as a successful entrepreneur, not just as a successful woman entrepreneur. – Anisha Singh, Mydala
Use these quotes as powerful mantras, and remember, you have to find the inspiration from where you can and be the inspiration for yourself. “The world cannot defeat you, unless you accept defeat,” – Imam Ali.