The Drishti-Soft family would like to wish everyone a happy New Year! 2014 has arrived and goodbyes to 2013 have been said. As most of the countries have adopted the New Year on January 1, it has become the most celebrated public holiday. All over the world people greet each other and celebrate with fireworks, by throwing parties, and by making resolutions for the coming year.
Resolutions and how funny they are
Over the years people have made some resolutions that they have abided by, or sometimes ignored. Here are some funny ones we came across on the Net:
- I will think of a password other than “password” or “hello”.
- I will not bore my boss with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses.
- I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly….
- I will read the manual…just as soon as I can find it.
- I will balance my checkbook. (On my nose).
- I promise to clean my room once a week even though I haven’t cleaned it more than once in the last year.
- Play more computer games. Scientists say they are good for you and improve your visual skills. But I always knew that.
- I will endeavor to remember my childrens’ names this year.
- I resolve not to see any serial or movie in which any dead character is brought alive. (Except for serials or movies about zombies, of course.)
- I will leave my brain at home while going to watch a Rajnikanth movie!
- My New Year resolution is: 1024 by 968 pixels!
New beginnings for India
Closer home, India is getting closer and closer to APJ Abdul Kalams India 2020 that aims to put the country in the world superpower leagues and truly become a citizens nation. This year let us pledge to make our country proud by being individuals who inspire each other to be better. The Drishti family has proudly supported and led the change last year. We will certainly continue to do so in the coming year.