Over a few years, a huge change in the business operation trends can be seen. Many businesses have started focusing on these aspects, customer handling or communication channels. Because of this, businesses are now shifting from on-premise to cloud-based communication. Cloud technology is helping organizations by offering them improved business communications and customer experience.
According to analysis, 75 percent of firms will employ video by the end of the next five years, up from 40 percent currently. Up to 85% of businesses with more than 1,000 employees will be using video by then. More than IT managers believed during the present study, the pandemic’s long-term effects may have an impact on these figures. Click here to know more about it.
CPaas and CCaas are crucial technologies that have emerged as the main service models for implementing cloud-based communications. Are you switching from an on-premises contact center to a CCaaS or CPaaS platform?
Do you want to know the differences between CPaas vs. CCaas? If yes, then let’s have a close look at the introduction, features, benefits, and major differences of both the CCaaS and CPaaS platforms to get a clear insight-
An Introduction- What is CCaaS?
CCaaS stands for Contact Center as a Service, a software deployment model that helps companies buy only the necessary technology. This platform is specially designed to simplify the task of the companies trying to communicate with their customers.
A vendor mainly operates this model to reduce the company’s integration, IT, and support costs. In short, CCaas helps the business in offering all kinds of cost-effective backend communication solutions for flexible options for the modern business and businesses always look for a better customer service software solution. Thus they prefer choosing a Contact Center as a Service. This is one of the better alternatives to most of the on-premises contact centers.
The main objective of this platform is to connect and communicate with customers more easily than ever before. Not just this, CCaaS is beneficial for enhancing the continuity of communications for the customer journey.
Crucial Features of CCaaS
- CCaaS is featured with call recording and management that improves the quality of the call and enhances the customer experience.
- All the calls can be made quickly with a few clicks rather than dialing a number.
- Comes with software analytics tracking and Customer experience tracking feature
- One of the CCaaS features includes whisper coaching in which the supervisors can hear the agent’s call so that they can advise them.
- Features with IVR that will connect the callers to the correct department.
- Comes with the feature of virtual attendants
- CCaaS platform has a cloud-based interface through which agents can connect and work together from anywhere in the world.
- One of the crucial features of the CCaaS platform is the Live Feed, through which supervisors can monitor the agent’s real-time activity.
There can be seen a tremendous rise in the demand and implementation of the CCaaS platform. According to the expert’s prediction, the CCaaS market will grow to $27 billion in the coming years. This growth of the CCaaS platform has increased the dependence on digital communication channels.
Read More: Automate Customer Service with Conversational AI
CCaaS Platform for Businesses
CCaaS is a communication framework that helps businesses use a remote cloud-based infrastructure for hassle-free functioning of their contact center operations. Whether a small company or a start-up, CCaaS offers a good value for the money and numerous incredible features.
Numerous ways are there following which a business can implement the CCaaS platform. Implementation of CCaaS in any company depends on its requirements and available resources. Most organizations choose on-premises software installations for CCaaS.
The main users of CCaaS are the business and organizations that deal continuously with customers or teams. It’s a great way to manage an organization’s communications more effectively. So, if there’s any need to communicate with customers, then CCaaS is a better option.
Benefits of CCaaS
- CCaaS has incredible analytics that lets businesses monitor calls and agents’ performance and review the call content.
- One of the benefits of CCaaS is its cost-effectiveness, which means the price of using this platform is much less than the money invested in different resources such as an on-site phone system and hardware.
- CCaaS has multiple features that make it a versatile communication solution for any organization. Some of its features for better customer interaction are voice, text, and video calls.
An Introduction- What is CPaaS?
CPaaS stands for Communications Platform as a Service and is an especially designed communication tool that helps organizations improve communication abilities. This platform offers integrated development environments to make the integration of communications capabilities easy and quick.
In simple words, CPaaS is a cloud-based delivery model that helps an organization add voice, video, and messaging features to their existing business software through APIs.
With the help of CPaaS, a business can fully customize its communication stack. Through this platform, businesses can let their employees communicate with customers and each other on a device they want.
Crucial Features of CPaaS
- One of the best features of CPaas is that it offers both regional\global reach. If a company has implemented CPaaS and any brand partners, they can benefit from immediate access to different carriers worldwide.
- CPaas is scalable, reliable, and secure. Companies using CPaaS can easily scale up or down depending on the present requirements. The good thing is that businesses will only have to pay for their use.
- The leading CPaaS platform supports multiple programming languages. With this, it’s easy for the in-house developers of an organization can customize their communications systems. Whatever code they already know, the developers can use them to customize CPaas.
- CPaas platform helps bring the functionality of modern IP communications systems and traditional phone networks together.
CPaas Solution for Businesses
With the advent of CPaaS, various opportunities and possibilities have opened up for businesses that can help them in their operations and finance management. These days, most organizations are using the CPaaS technology to improve customer experiences, ensure marketing campaign effectiveness, and expand sales.
This communication platform is mainly implemented by businesses that want to embed communications in their business application. As the companies discovered the usefulness and features of CPaaS technology, they started using it. For a better customer experience, companies are using CPaaS technology within their smartphone applications, chatbots, and online interfaces.
Key Benefits of CPaaS
Let’s understand how this CPaaS technology is beneficial-
- With CPaaS technology, there will be a minimum employee and staff training requirement. CPaaS is suitable for the employees to learn using a new software program, not an entirely new communication ecosystem.
- CPaaS is scalable, meaning organizations of any size can easily use it. Also, there is no need for hardware or infrastructure to install when it is about CPaaS.
- CPaaS is affordable, which makes it a suitable option for many small businesses. Compared to other on-premise systems, CPaaS is cost-effective as it lets businesses pay for only the services they use and need. Along with this, CPaaS platforms have a community-based nature that translates into fewer developer-based expenses.
Read More: Cloud Contact Center: A Guide for 2022 (with Actionable Tips)
Difference Between CCaaS and CPaaS Platforms
Both these platforms are useful for a business in many aspects. Regardless of many similar features, there are some major differences too. Let’s look at Cpaas vs. CCaas in a detailed manner in different terms and aspects.
For businesses, CCaaS is an ideal option for setting up contact centers when software lacks flexibility. However, CPaaS helps businesses build their contact center software by offering numerous communication solutions, including video calls, chatbots, and text.
Both CCaaS and CPaaS platforms ensure cost-effectiveness to the businesses, but they’re different in how they allow flexibility. CCaaS is a rigid technology that ensures easy and quick customer handling. But, CPaaS offers flexibility to the businesses to install communication tools per the needs of the business.
Regarding customization, CPaaS is a good option to proceed with as it lets businesses customize their communication channels per their needs and customers’ demands. However, CCaaS is somewhat rigid and will need to make many changes in the software’s coding to customize specific features and tools.
4. Business Domain
CPaaS mainly focuses on building a communication bridge between employees within an organization and customers and the company. In this aspect, CCaaS is useful and efficient for those businesses that are customer-centric or are contact centers.
CPaaS is considered the building block that makes it compatible to be incorporated, and layered with other cloud-based services and channels. However, CCaaS can only be used as whole software, and its features cannot be fragmented for any specific application.
CPaaS enables enterprises to design and develop their own communication infrastructure to guarantee seamless connectivity both inside and outside the organization. Contrarily, CCaaS improves business continuity by handling clients through channels they themselves select.
The advent of cloud communication services and applications has benefited businesses in many ways. By contrasting the features, benefits, and applications of CPaaS and CCaaS, one can easily comprehend Cpaas vs. CCaas. CPaaS is mainly for improving communication, and CCaaS makes customer handling easier and more manageable. So, organizations can choose them depending on the requirements that they’ve.