With a plethora of point of contacts available to the typical customer in reaching out to various businesses, it is becoming increasingly arduous for the latter to handle the diversity effectively. There are several ways in which a customer can contact you, such as web chats, calls, and so on to address their concerns. In order to manage these varieties of contact channels, a new technology termed as universal queue system has been developed, which aims at considerably enhancing the user experience.
What is Universal Queue System?
The universal queue system (UQ) is a revolutionary concept which finds a massive utility in contact center design and aims at integrating the multiple channels being used by the customers for communication such as email, chat, social media, and telephone, into a singular and more manageable queue. The technology was first introduced back in the year 2004, but there were several issues with the implementation of the system in the real world. However, with the increasing need for the concept to be used in standardizing the handling of processes, the universal queue system is now being used on an extensive level. Although the major point of contact for customers, the voice contact, still remains a dominant part of the chunk, there are several other relatively newer channels such as the social media and mobile technology which are fast gaining momentum due to their ease of access.
What is the Need for a Universal Queue System?
The fact that a majority of the contact centers are still pretty much working on yesteryear’s infrastructure which hardly supports multichannel service, displays the urgent need for implementation of the universal queue system. Since a major chunk of this outdated infrastructure comprises of separate work systems for handling the various communication channels, the customer data remains spread out and highly segregated, leading to a skewed oversight of the supervisor with regards to the specific cases. A lack of a centralized management system implies that the managers end up with incomplete customer care data which leaves the former incapable of determining as to how exactly he can contribute in enhancing the user experience. All of the aforementioned issues related to an improper handling of customer issues implies that it is utmost essential to develop a single unified workflow which integrates all the various trouble tickets, CRM cases, mobile, social and traditional channels into a singular entity.
What are the Key Features of the Universal Queue System?
The Universal system allows the customers to pick a communication channel of their choice, further enabling improved cross-channel flexibility and an enhanced user experience. In addition to this, the system provides the business agents to gather valuable insights and information available across the various channels. This helps them manage their customer care workload in a more effective way. The system further provides the organization the facility of optimizing work patterns of its employees, as per the operational requirements of the center.
The universal queue system facilitates a smooth and fuss-free everyday delegation of work among the agents according to the customer priority, availability, and their individual skills. The intelligent universal queue technology is capable of identifying as to which of the channels need precedence over the rest of them, on the basis of their individual priority. For example, if there is a voice call which needs high priority assistance, the system is able to interrupt the other channel automatically, and store it on the agents’ cloud for future reference.
What are the Benefits of implementing Universal Queue System in your Contact Center?
There are several advantages of utilizing the universal queue system, which provides an integrated workflow management across all the various channels of communication.
- Having a centralized system, which provides an aggregated customer care workload data to the agents, helps in gaining valuable insight into the needs and expectations of the customer.
- It allows the agent workflow to be streamlined in such a way that it stays in sync with their individual work styles and skills.
- The UQ allows the managers and supervisors to acquire a wholesome view on the inner workings of their specific teams and the organization as a whole. It provides them an in-depth insight into how the things are going at their center.
- The UQ network is able to actively gauge the urgency of a particular contact channel. Through targeted routing, it is possible to give precedence to the higher priority channels over the more passive ones.
- With a holistic view of the various customer expectations through separate channels of interactions, it becomes easier for the agents to cater to the needs of the customer and provide effective end-to-end solutions to them.