The art of running an organization is no less than possession of a superpower in these times. The data to be stored, controlled, channelized, filtered, assembled, and disseminated is a task complicated enough in itself. With more and more at disposal of data analysts to be studied and filtered, chances of achieving high frequency could be comparatively reduced.
The importance of data today is pricier than that of gold. Correct data can make a base repository of any organization sound enough to stand abreast against competition even from unpredictable market sources to a huge extent.
Let us view this through an example:
Organization X deals in contact center outsourcing. The agents hired by them are in bulk and thus knowledge base required by them for purposes of recruitment, training, and on-job performance is huge. The services outsourced cater to a variety of clients ranging from telecoms to health, education, tourism, etc. When an agent receives a call or a ticket, it is not always required that an agent is always ready with the information required by the end-user at the tip of the tongue. The agents too read from a library of articles and FAQs that could educate them about all probable situations and solutions in case of each of them.
Such a repository or a cloud-created and stored library is called the knowledge for the organization. Imagine if you have a call to attend, a query to be solved is already new to you and you are additionally burdened with a huge library to read from, scan, and learn the required. You are then to come back to the caller and solve a query as new to you as to caller themselves. On top of it all, you are also required to maintain great work and time quality and provide resolution in minimum attempts.
If reading this is so tedious, what do all your customer support executives get through?
What is knowledge management software?
One-stop solution for all chaos in your head right now is the adaption and use of a robust Knowledge Management Software (KMS). All knowledge required in terms of leads, information, data, and information is stored centrally. The roles for each designation are defined and can be edited (edited and/or deleted) by admin at any point in time. The content of this knowledge can be created by anyone authorized to do so. This content is then published to be viewed by the admin. Once admin views it, it then goes to super admin and gets final edits. Once done, the content can thus be approved and be published or scheduled as per needs.
Types of knowledge management software
- Enterprise-grade knowledge management software: create, curate, organize, and disseminate all data and digital content.
- Knowledge Work Softwares (KWS): discover new features and update your knowledge base accordingly and timely.
- Intelligent techniques: data mining techniques to extract the best possible solution for each problem in a progressive order.
Features of a knowledge management software
- Font editing: add font style of your own choice and make your content not only relevant but crisp and engaging to read as well. Break monotony of eyes by highlighting or changing the font style and size of texts to emphasize the more important snippets. Let thy creativity linger!
- Images and videos: Add images to put forward your point of view louder and better. Do not let users lose out interest and keep them rowed-in to the very end. Add links to relevant videos that can add glitters to your content and also make it self-explanatory. Let image streaks be worth 1000s of words.
- Hyperlinks and links titles: convert your text to hyperlink of landing pages you want to direct your reading gentry to. You can now also give titles to linked text thus making its visibility and clickability furthermore assured and obvious.
- Assign roles and designations: With admins and super admins to hierarch content, they can also assign designations to various users. All users with similar designations can be uploaded to knowledge management software. Also, admins and super admins can decide upon roles for each designation and assign them with the same.
- Analysis and feedback: Make all your content open to feedback and receive insights regarding engagement generated by each content. Get fair and transparent results at your own disposal and work them out with a feedback handling mechanism.
- Self-service enablement: Enable your end-users to get solutions directly from the direct channels of your organization. Entrust them with smooth and superior service qualities while eliminating the role of a call support agent. Deliver quicker solutions through minimized cost and effort process inputs.
Characteristics of a knowledge management software
- Multi-lingual: Create a knowledge base in any language you want. Cater to an audience against a global parameter. Leave no stone unturned in serving them with best, and best shall obviously arrive when you partner with best.
- Conversions and conversations: It might not seem logical to read but the reality is that a good conversation leads to multiple conversions. All your competitors present are the same yet different every time. Break the ice by presenting different, personalized, and updated content each time. Keep your own presentation consistent and crisp. Let your product speak.
- Suitability: Now alter the functions and appearance of your knowledge management software in accordance with the tonality of your business. Be it a multi-faced organizational unit or a simple stretch of business, knowledge management software is a single stop for all your business management needs.
It did read to be complicated right? But that’s exactly what it isn’t. A knowledge management software has a primary goal to simplify each of the complicated data so that you can easily talk it out to your lead and convert them with minimum efforts.
Benefits of knowledge management software
A knowledge management software is an all support software in true senses for organizations. From data collection to dissemination, the entire cycle is easily carried out with the help of knowledge management tools and modules. Search all relevant information in a few clicks surfaced to your disposal. Assist your customer contact team with a crisp, compact, and updated knowledge base for ease of answering. Get your NPS boosted with an improved agent quality. Deploy self-service to reduce a load of tickets per agent thereby making your customers, solution hub for themselves.
Reduced burden equals a smaller salesforce thus benefiting a company a fortune on finances. Multilingual customer support and robust documentation provide a positive head start. Accuracy of reports, statistics, and analytics helps a business grow by taking feedback and working on them quickly keeping a close watch. Manage workflows, permissions, access, and designations over a single platform facilitated with smooth and bulk uploads of customer call agents.
How can Knowledge Management Help Contact Centers & Remote Teams?
A call center platform helps in connectivity and communication between support teams and customers across various channels such as Voice, Chat, Email, WhatsApp, Social & more. While agents are speaking with customers over these channels, it’s vital that they have the right knowledge in the right format at the right time to assist customers and resolve their queries.
Knowledge sharing between teams and customers within your call center platform can help in delivering promising CX metrics such as NPS & CSAT.
We can thus see evidently large scales of operations that are organized and controlled by knowledge management software. A knowledge management software can use various modules like decision trees, picture guides, AI chatbots, ML programming, and augmented reality backed support. A knowledge management software is responsible and capable of collecting and filtering the data in traditional and conventional modes. The data collected is then analyzed and acted upon.
The call center executives can thus take a sigh of deep relief with reduced AHT and number of tickets per agent; and increased NPS, C-SAT, and CX scores. A properly managed, hosted, and applied knowledge management software allows users to enjoy the perks of the digital transformational journey and better strategy both for planning as well as execution purposes.
Knowmax integrated with Ameyo’s unified call center platform can help in the seamless delivery of knowledge for agents.