The digital evolution and the rapid proliferation in technology has changed the way in which customers want to communicate with organizations. The changing customer trend has clearly grasped every industry and with the available strong omnichannel strategy, customers are more powerful than ever. With the new trend in demand, the logistics industry also had to inculcate the change and explore ways to ensure that the new age cloud, mobile and digital technologies are leveraged in the system and innovation is mobilized in organisations.
The goal of the logistic industry should be to serve the customers better than the competitionand at the same time ensure positive ROI. Thus, it becomes necessary for logistic companies to be present at all available channels and to ensure first call resolution. But nothing is more worse for a customer to wait for a package that never gets delivered at his doorstep. What could be the possible reason behind the same? Is it the fault of the vendor or is it the fault of any middlemen involved in the delivery process? At times it becomes difficult for customers to coordinate with the company involved in the delivery process. So, how will the logistic industry prove its worth to the customers and vendors involved in the process?
With the help of a digital call center, Logistic industry can now bridge the gap between vendors and customers by delivering seamless customer journey across multiple touch-points. Let us see how logistic organizations can use call centers to invade unnecessary expenditure out of the operational processes while enhancing the overall Customer Experience:
1. Proactively deliver updates across various touch-points to increase Customer Engagement: Contact center these days are seamlessly integrated with multiple channels including voice, social, SMS, email, live chat etc. Leveraging call centers in their daily operational activities, logistic firms can maintain a balance between their work process and efficiency level. Call centers can help customers to connect with the vendor anytime and anywhere. Services like welcome messages, important emergency alerts, automated reminders, proactive transactional confirmations and timely notifications make an overwhelming difference in their engagement and customer service satisfaction.
2. Empower customers to express and manage their communication preferences: The world is changing and so are the customers of today’s generation who demand customer service at their channel of preference. The millennials are more comfortable in using peer-to-peer communication, social networking, email and live chat instead of talking to a physical agent. Studies have also shown that “50% of smartphone users prefer to try mobile self-service before making a call.” Therefore, it is the duty of the logistic industry to be omnipresent for supporting its customers by providing them the convenience and control to indicate and update their preferences throughout their journey. With the help of a digital call center logistic operators can now provide customers with true omni-channel experience and service across multiple channels.
3. Real-time analytics to recognize users and predict their intent: Customers expect on time, reliable and completely delivery of their products and services. Thus, meeting those expectations with real-time and end-to-end visibility becomes necessary for logistic operators. With the help of a call center technology, logistic providers can unpin their communication process with cognitive and behavioural research to assess customer journeys and lifecycle management at different stages. Also, call centers can help in gaining full visibility and control of the logistic operations by using real-time event monitoring across extended supply chain.
4. Make the use of reps’ time and service skills to enhance customer experience: The digital call center ensures easy integration of the logistics applications with CRM systems that helps to keep track of customer information and maintain their records. With True Omnichannel strategies in place, the logistic providers can now facilitate 360 degree view of their customers and improve the quality of interactions. This will further help in optimizing workforce and improve employee’s performance along with consistent monitoring facilities. The organization will be able to judge their employee skills and thus can use the routing system to ensure that the inbound queries are handled by the best possible resource based on the particular customer’s requirements. Such automated decisions will improve the productivity, customer satisfaction and ultimately the revenue.
5. Ensure customer information security and compliance: Allow your customers to interact with both the IVR and live agents without hindering the compliance or call recording abilities. The aim of the logistic providers should be to create a consistent customer experience which can be achieved with the help of a digital call center where the customer can enter their personal information without being worried about the security as their information can be masked so that agents can neither see nor hear their private information. This particular feature will rule out the possibility of agents either transferring customers to an IVR or pausing the call recording. Thus achieve compliance by disallowing any sort of customers’ personal information to enter the call center environment.
6. Internet of Things can leave a huge impact on future of Logistics: An area that will play a key role in the future logistics management is in-transit visibility due to the impact of IOT. The process of logistics will remain the same i.e. products will follow the chain starting from the manufacturer to suppliers or the the distribution center and then to retailer and finally to the consumer. So these many links needs a robust technology which can help in finding the whereabouts of the package to be delivered. IOT can help in determining the location, weather conditions, traffic conditions and other necessaary details by using the cloud based GPS and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies. This wll help in automating the shipping process and exact time of delivery can be predicted to inform the customer about the same. The following shift to this proactive mode can lead to a new revolution for logistic providers.
Improving customer satisfaction and loyalty is a must for the logistic operators as it directly affects their bottom line. Your customers want real time information and if you are able to do so then this shows your reliability as a service provider. Remember that a callcenter software plays a crucial role in delivering the top notch service to your customers and at the same time helps you to manage your workforce.