How to set up a call center?
Starting out a call center?
Here’s everything you should know!
With increasing call center business opportunities, small to mid-sized businesses as well as enterprises from distinctive industries are opting out for call center software as one of the major objectives on their success roadmap.
If you’ve overlooked this miraculous aspect in your long-term business plans and strategies, don’t worry, you’ve landed on the right page!
Though the market is flooded with super-smart call center software solutions that can get your in-house call center up and running in minutes, before you bump into ‘how to set up a call center’, here are some quick questions you need to ask yourself.
- Why do businesses need a call center setup?
Call centers are meant to support one or more business objectives so before you go to start a call center, make sure you have a clear understanding of them. Say, your business goal is to increase customer engagement and retention, deploying a call center technology makes an absolute sense.
- Is Customer Service operations getting overwhelming?
Figure out if your business operations reflect an utter need for a call center setup. Well, if you witnessing higher call abandons, poor customer engagement and a broken customer experience, a call center software is needed.
- Steady increase in inbound customer queries? Is your call volume growing every day? Do you require more customer care agents to handle all your calls? If your answer to both of these questions is ‘Yes’, we recommend you to definitely opt for a call center management software to keep the process smooth and stringently tracked. Your PBX system would probably not be enough to handle this increasing call volume, but a good call center solution certainly is!
- Are you struggling to generate leads for your business?
Many new businesses struggle to generate leads via inbound marketing. Manually reaching out to prospects via calls and emails is not productive. Investing in an outbound call center software is. Outbound call center software have you bulk dial prospects in a personalized manner and improves lead generation significantly.
Use Cases for Call Centers
Telemarketing and Customer Service
Businesses often use a call center for endorsing their products or services via telemarketing or for delivering a consistent customer experience via customer service. Achieving a high customer acquisition and retention rate holds the utmost importance in an emergent business’s goal list. Thus, apprising both of these scenarios is important here.
Call Center Software for Telemarketing
- Telemarketing or telesales agents need to make calls for sales, appointments, and other marketing purposes in order to endorse their products and services. In case the call volume is increasing, your call center needs to have an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system and call recording capability incorporated. You may also outsource the process
- Telemarketing requires an outbound calling system like ‘Predictive Dialer’ or ‘Auto Dialer’ that automatically dials from a list of telephone numbers. This list can be in an excel sheet or a CRM, depending on the data size.
- Predictive dialing based call center software increases productive contacts, improves agents’ efficiency, and augments sales via robust features, such as CRM integration, call recording, real-time monitoring, and real-time business intelligence.
How to set up a call center for telemarketing
Call Center Dialer
To automate prospects reach out in bulk, you’ll need a resilient phone system (preferably with an auto dialing or predictive dialing functionality to increase call coverage and call connect rates). Now configure the right dialing strategy considering your team size, prospect lists, and your potential for expansion.
Single channel reach out strategy is not effective, your contact center software needs to have a multi-channel strategy. It is always better to know your customers’ demographics and their favorite channels where they spend most of their time to let them know about your products and services.
To keep a check on your agents’ performance and productivity, you need a monitoring feature in your call center software which allows you to record calls and measure the key Agent metrics to measure your agents’ productivity. It allows Supervisors to plan better and improve call center Agent productivity.
Structuring which prospects to call, when to call and in which priority is critical for an outbound call center operations. A good CRM enables supervisor to effectively manage leads, dial order, prospect status /disposition , retry order. Lead management is a critical piece that binds a telemarketing call center.
Inbound Call Center for Customer Service
- Customer service agents contact customers to follow up on a service issue or to notify customers of new products or offers. In case the call volume is increasing, your call center needs to have IVR (Interactive Voice Response) to save you the time and efforts of your agents. In addition, it may have different routing algorithms (skill-based, persona- based, etc.), call record and monitor capability, DID numbers, and missed call management feature.
- Ticket status monitoring and agent productivity monitoring are two important aspects of inbound call centers for customer service. Make sure that your chosen call center solution is fitting up with these capabilities.
How to start a call center for customer service
Business Phone System
To start a call center for customer service purpose, a business phone system centered on your requirements for an onsite or a virtual solution. Like for telemarketing, you should consider your team size and internet connection strength before you go ahead. Make sure that your phone solution is scalable, easy to implement, and well-fitted with your desired features.
You should know your customers and their preferences beforehand. Make sure you are available to serve them on their preferred channels. These channels may include social media platforms, live chat platforms, and of course, voice channels. For this, your contact center software needs to have a multi-channel strategy incorporated.